Deadline: Sunday June 30, 2013, 5pm
Project Description: 119 Gallery seeks to create its sixth public mural at the gallery’s highly visible location at 119 Chelmsford Street in Lowell. The surface of the building is a mixture of paneling and brick with approximate dimensions of 22 by 9 feet. This is a primary vehicular location and corridor to the downtown, with extensive pedestrian traffic. The mural will remain in place for a minimum of one year. The content of the mural should be appropriate to the site and mission of the gallery. This is an open theme, but artists are encouraged to consider work that reflects the character, history and diversity of the gallery and its role in the community.
– The finished piece will become the property of the 119 Gallery.
– The duration of the mural is a minimum of one year, 8/2013 through 8/2014.
Time Line: 119 Gallery intends to award the mural commission by July 7. Work is expected to be completed by September 30. Please include a budget with your proposal, including all artist expenses and costs.
Eligibility: Open to all artists who are members.
Items to Submit:
– Sketch of proposed work
– Description of work and brief narrative
– Artist resume or curriculum vitae
– Graphics of at least three previous artworks
– Estimated budget for materials
Selection Process: A selection committee will be appointed by the gallery’s board.
Proposals will be juried based upon:
– Appropriateness of work to gallery mission
– Quality of prior work
– Description of proposed work
2012: Rachel Kowalik (Grand Street)
2011: Stephanie Lak and Lindsey Parker (Chelmsford Street)
2010: Michael F. Dailey Jr., +eyeformation+, Gilbert Gandia (corner logo)
2010: Dan Rocha
2009: Michael F Dailey Jr.